I’ve tried this a bunch of different ways and blended a few online recipes together. So far, this is my favorite combination. It’s gluten-free, low carb/keto/paleo, and could easily be made nut-free and/or vegan (see notes below). I’m pretty excited to take this base and create varieties by adding random protein and fiber powders, herbs, nut flours, mushroom powders, spices, extracts, etc. that are currently in my cabinets.
• 2 cups almonds/cashews/pistachios (I use sliced almonds.)
• 1 cup sunflower seeds
• 1 cup pumpkin seeds
• 1 cup flax seed meal
• 1 cup toasted coconut flakes (unsweetened)
• 1/3 cup coconut sugar (I replaced this with mini vegan chocolate chips.)
• 1/2 tsp salt
• 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
• 2 eggs
• 1 cup cacao nibs
• 1 cup hemp seeds
• Cover with cinnamon
• Vanilla extract (To liking. I use a lot.)
1. Preheat oven to 300F and line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Run nuts through a food processor if whole.
3. Mix all ingredients in a large bowl until thoroughly combined.
4. Spread mixture evenly on prepared baking sheet and bake 20 minutes.
5. Remove and let cool.
• To make this nut free, you could leave out the nuts or replace with more seeds.
• To make this vegan, you could replace the eggs with a blend of chia seeds and water, applesauce, or mashed banana.