In addition to all my usual stuff… intermittent fasting, high fat, low carb, gluten-free, grain-free, I’ve been completely dairy-free for a few weeks and really think it’s helping. Just like everything else, I thought it would be really hard, but it’s been pretty fun. Like everything else, there is a ton of information online with lots of recipes for alternatives. I picked up some vegan butter at the store and then decided I’d try to make my own. It’s super easy, makes quite a bit, and tastes super close to dairy butter. Plus, it’s kind of fun diving into vegan recipes if only to find decent dairy alternatives.
• 1.5 cups melted neutral, refined coconut oil
• 1/2 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk (I used hemp.)
• 1/4 cup light olive oil (I used almond oil.)
• 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
• 2 teaspoons liquid sunflower lecithin
• 1 teaspoon raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar
Place all of the ingredients in a blender and process at medium speed for 1 minute. Pour into a container. Refrigerate. (Keeps 3-4 weeks.)